Most of us didn’t go to seminary to lead a church through a global pandemic. Yet, that is what we each have done over the last year. Now, as our public spaces are opening, what lessons did we learn this last year? How does our Gospel message of hope guide the uncertain future some people are still facing? Where does the church go from here?
In this session, host Rev. Justin Coleman (Senior Pastor, University United Methodist Church, Chapel Hill, NC) speaks with Rev. Dr. Lisa L. Thompson, author of Ingenuity: Preaching as an Outsider, and Rev. Dr. Gerald C. Liu, co-author of A Worship Workbook: A Practical Guide for Extraordinary Liturgy, about preaching, worship, and community in a post-pandemic world.
After those insights, church leaders Rev. Dr. Kelly Jackson Brooks (Executive Pastor, Central United Methodist Church, Albuquerque, NM) and Rev. Matt Rawle (Lead Pastor, Asbury United Methodist Church, Bossier City, LA) will share with Justin how using Amplify Media connects their faith communities with theologically sound, inspiring study and worship resources and tools.
Amplify Media is a multi‐media platform that delivers high quality, searchable content with an emphasis on Wesleyan perspectives for church‐wide, group, or individual use on any device at any time. In a world of sometimes overwhelming choices, Amplify gives church leaders media capabilities that are contemporary, relevant, effective and, most importantly, affordable and sustainable.
With Amplify Media you can:
– Provide a reliable source of Christian content through a Wesleyan lens for teaching, training, and inspiration in a customizable library,
– Deliver your own preaching and worship content in a way your congregation knows and appreciates,
– Build your church’s capacity to innovate with engaging content and accessible technology,
– Equip your congregation to better understand the Bible and its application, and
– Deepen discipleship beyond the church walls.
Start your free trial of Amplify Media at: https://amplifymedia.com/