27th Festival of Homiletics - 2019 Minneapolis
"Preaching as Moral Imagination"
Above the Falls - Photo courtesy of Meet Minneapolis
Maps & Transportation
"In Minneapolis, you’ll never be far from where you need to be – literally.
We pride ourselves having a very compact downtown so no matter where you are, we have the options to get you there quickly and easily. An award winning transit system with light rail and buses – taxis, Uber, Lyft – and bike rentals on the streets with dedicated bike lanes all over the city. Or our personal favorite way to get around – two feet. Built around several lakes and the Mississippi River, Minneapolis's urban cityscape surrounds a lush green park system providing the ideal landscape for walking.
CONSTRUCTION ALERT: I-35W, a major interstate that passes through Minneapolis, is under construction for a 2.5 mile stretch – between 43rd and 15th Street. The project is ongoing through fall of 2021 and may affect transport in and out of the city. For more information, refer to the MN Department of Transportation’s detailed report." - Courtesy of Meet Minneapolis
Click Here for All Transportation Options
- Bus fares range from $2.00 to $3.25, depending on time of day. To ride a few blocks in the Downtown Zone, the fare is $.50. “Free Ride” buses will take you along Nicollet Mall.
- Catch the train on the Blue or Green line. Light-rail transit (LRT) connects downtown Minneapolis with the airport, Mall of America, Saint Paul and 43 other stations. Visit the Metro Transit website for information on routes, schedule and ticket prices.
- Take a look at their comprehensive set of maps to help find your way around Minneapolis. Maps include the metro area, skyways, parking, individual neighborhoods, trails and more.
- MPLS Parking provides daily parking with 16 parking ramps and metered curbside parking spaces situated near downtown businesses, shopping and entertainment.
- Meet Minneapolis has partnered with Spot Hero, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking near their destination. Once purchased, parking is 100% guaranteed even if the location otherwise fills up.
- Car Sharing - Book a Zipcar online or via the mobile app for a couple of hours or the whole day. Gas and insurance included.
- Union Depot part of the Amtrak national train system. Amtrak Ticket Office Hours: 6:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Self service kiosks are available 24 hours.
- Nice Ride is a non-profit bike sharing system. Simply take a bike, and return it to any station in the system when you arrive at your destination.